1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and
with staff recommendation for approval).
MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. SHENANDOAH TELEPHONE COMPANY, #15-0426, requests authorization to relocate an existing aerial telephone line across the North Fork Shenandoah River, to the south of the Artz Road Bridge in Shenandoah County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
6. COUNTY OF WESTMORELAND, #15-0522, requests request authorization to install a sewer line, by directional drill method, under 586 linear feet of Lower Machodoc Creek, 223 linear feet of Jones Branch, and 468 linear feet of Mount Pleasant Branch, to serve the communities of Cabin Point, Glebe Harbor, Tidwells and Drum Bay. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
7. RICHARD and RITA PORTERFIELD, #15-0378, request after-the-fact authorization to retain a 65-foot long, private use, non-riparian pier and two (2) vinyl sheet-pile, groins which extend from their upland property, across a riparian strip of beach owned by Timberneck Land, LLC, and into the Rappahannock River at 196 Montgomery Cove Road in Deltaville, Middlesex County.
8. DAVID D. and CHRISTOPHER W. HUFF, #15-0385, request after-the-fact authorization to retain a 112-foot long, private use, non-riparian pier from their upland property across a riparian strip of beach owned by Timberneck Land, LLC, and into the Rappahannock River at 182 Montgomery Cove Road in Deltaville, Middlesex County.
9. BRIEFING AND REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed "Living Shoreline Group 1 General Permit for Certain Living Shoreline Treatments Involving Tidal Wetlands." The general permit regulation is being developed pursuant to §28.2-104.1 of the Code of Virginia.
10. PUBLIC COMMENT:
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-70-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Harvesting of Clams," and Chapter 4 VAC 20-1090-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Licensing Requirements and License Fees," to establish a gear license and harvesting criteria for hand-held "water rake" for the harvest of cultured hard clams on leased ground.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-1270-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Atlantic Menhaden" to increase Virginia's portion of the coast-wide total allowable landings of menhaden, in accordance with recent ASMFC actions, and to modify the requirements for sector quota deductions when an overage to Virginia's total allowable landings occurs.
14. REQUESTS FOR A JULY PUBLIC HEARING: To modify the criteria for an exception to the two-year delay process for a Commercial Fisherman Registration License within Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting," as provided by Section 28.2-241 of the Code of Virginia.
15. REQUEST FOR A JULY PUBLIC HEARING: To revise the lawful season and area for the harvest of clams by patent tong from the Newport News Shellfish Management Area, and prohibit additional lease applications within any shellfish management area that are described in Chapter 4 VAC 20-560-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Shellfish Management Areas."PAGE 2 ITEMS
2A. COLUMBIA GAS TRANSMISSION, #15-0506, requests authorization to cross the South Fork Shenandoah River with a new natural gas pipeline, trenched a minimum of five (5) below the natural river bed, near Grove Hill in Page County. Recommend approval with standard instream work conditions including all work be done in the dry behind temporary cofferdams such that no more than one-half of the river flow is blocked at a time, strict adherence to erosion and sediment control laws, complete restoration of the river bed and banks upon completion of the installation of the new line, and a royalty in the amount of $729.00 for the encroachment over 243 linear feet of State-owned submerged land at the proscribed rate of $3.00 per linear foot.
2C. JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, #14-0777, requests authorization to install a 30-foot wide by 868 linear foot long fuel dock with a 75-foot by 50-foot L-head and associated mooring pile, and a 20-foot wide emergency response boat ramp extending a maximum of 15 feet channelward of mean low water along the Southwest Branch Back River at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in the City of Hampton.PAGE 3 ITEMS
3A. ROBERT D. LAMB, JR., #15-0438, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 275-foot long by 5-foot wide commercial pier, which includes a 105-foot long by 16-foot wide L-head, and to install two (2) mooring piles situated adjacent to his property along Cherrystone Creek at 2112 Cherrystone Road in Northampton County. The pier is part of an aquaculture shellfish operation and the L-head had not existed for over 20 years. The applicant has agreed to pay a civil charge in the amount of $1,000.00 in lieu of further enforcement action and royalties in the amount of $2,917.50 for the encroachment of the pier platform 1,945 square feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.50 per square foot. Staff recommends approval and acceptance of the civil charge, triple permit fee and royalties.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.