1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and
with staff recommendation for approval).
MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. VIRGINIA ELECTRIC & POWER CO., #15-0533, requests
authorization to cross the Rappahannock River with a new, 115kV transmission
line immediately downstream of the Route 3 Norris Bridge between Middlesex and
Lancaster Counties. The existing line will be removed from the bridge and the
new line will be suspended on ten (10) new towers, with a fender system to be
installed around the two new towers on either side of the navigation channel.
The project is protested by a citizen in Urbanna.
6. MR. B’S OYSTER COMPANY LLC, #14-1632, requests authorization to deploy a total of 512 commercial aquaculture floats in an 8,100 square foot area along the West Yeocomico River at Oyster Shell Point in Northumberland County. The project is protested by an upland property owner.
7. KEITH BATTS, #14-1664, requests authorization to construct an 11-foot by 13-foot open-sided gazebo over the reconstructed private pier head serving 2102 Turnstone Quay in the Broad Bay Point subdivision, situated along Ferebee Cove in Virginia Beach. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
8. SHIRLEY CONTRACTING COMPANY, LLC, #15-0076, requests authorization to fill approximately 14,000 square feet (1,994 square feet is temporary for construction access) of Horsepen Run, a tributary to the Potomac River in association with the proposed widening of the Route 606/Loudoun County Parkway near the Dulles Greenway interchange in Loudon County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed “Living Shoreline Group 1 General Permit for Certain Living Shoreline Treatments Involving Tidal Wetlands.” The general permit regulation is being developed pursuant to §28.2-104.1 of the Code of Virginia.
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
12. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Request to amend Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting” to modify the criteria for an exception to the two-year delay process for a Commercial Fisherman Registration License.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Request to amend Chapter 4 VAC 20-560-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Shellfish Management Areas” to establish the lawful season of harvest of clams by patent tong from the Newport News Shellfish Management Area, and prohibit additional lease applications within this clam management area.
15. DISCUSSION ITEM: Consideration of a petition (pursuant to section 28.2-214 of the Code of Virginia) requesting a review of the $150.00 fee for a Daily Restricted Shellfish Area Relay Permit established by Regulation 4VAC20-1290-10 ET SEQ, PERTAINING TO RESTRICTIONS ON THE HARVEST OF SHELLFISH IN CONDEMNED SHELLFISH AREAS, effective June 1, 2015. The Commission will accept public comment on the petition.
16. DISCUSSION ITEM: Status of oyster stocks on public oyster grounds for the 2015- 2016 harvest season.
17. REQUEST FOR AUGUST PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20- 720-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest,” to establish the 2015-2016 public oyster harvest seasons and management measures that could include, but are not limited to, lower bushel limits and effort limitations.
18. REQUEST FOR AUGUST PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20- 490-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Sharks,” to request establishing a prohibition on the use of any bow hunting gear to take, capture, or kill any ray or skate species.
19. REQUEST FOR AN AUGUST PUBLIC HEARING: To conform the penalty section of Chapter 4 VAC 20-280-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Speckled Trout and Red Drum” with recent changes to the Code of Virginia.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.