1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. WILLIAM D. WATSON, #97-1948. Request by 25 or more freeholders of property in Northampton County for Commission review of the February 18, 1998, decision by the Northampton County Wetlands Board to approve the construction of 121 linear feet of timber bulkheading and three (3) 40-foot long timber groins at property located in the Sugar Hill subdivision on the Chesapeake Bay.
4. GENERAL FARMS & LAND CO., #97-1949, request by 25 or more freeholders of property in Northampton County for Commission review of the February 18, 1998, decision by the Northampton County Wetlands Board to approve the construction of 431 linear feet of timber bulkheading and seven (7) 40-foot long timber groins at property located in the Sugar Hill subdivision on the Chesapeake Bay.
5. MR. AND MRS. PERCY DOUGLAS, #98-0054, request authorization to construct a 34-foot by 15-foot private boathouse adjacent to their existing pier situated along Hunton Creek in Middlesex County. The project is protested by several nearby property owners.
6. NEW MILL DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION, L.L.C., #97-0702, requests authorization to install a 192-foot long by 20-foot wide community boat ramp with approximately 42 linear feet of bulkhead and an associated 120-foot long by 10-foot wide tending pier adjacent to their residential subdivision situated on New Mill Creek in the City of Chesapeake. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
7. DIANNE A. ROBINSON, #97-1981, requests authorization to construct a 55-foot long by 26-foot wide open-sided boathouse adjacent to her property situated along Mattox Creek in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by a downstream property owner.
March 24, 1998
8. RICHARD CALLIS, #97-1759, requests authorization to construct an open-pile walkway to connect two properties on either side of a cove situated along the Piankatank River in Mathews County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Request for amendments to Regulation 4VAC 20-620-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Summer Flounder," Regulation 4 VAC 20-950-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass and Regulation 4 VAC 20-960-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Tautog, to establish possession limits, minimum size limits, and closed fishing seasons for the recreational and commercial fishery for 1998.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Request for amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-380-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Grey Trout (weakfish)," to establish recreational fishing measures for 1998.
11. APPEALS on the revocations of conch-pot permits.
12. DISCUSSION: Request for amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-560-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to the York River, Poquoson River, Back River, and Newport News Shellfish Management Areas and the James River Broodstock Management Areas" in order to include the Middle Ground Light Artificial Reef as a broodstock sanctuary.
13. REQUEST for exception to the limited entry criteria for the black drum fishery.
14. DISCUSSION: Further consideration of amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-880-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Hard Crab and Peeler Pot License Sales."
15. CONSIDERATION of cases of failure to report commercial seafood harvest.
16. APPEALS of crab license exception denials.
17. REPEAT OFFENDERS.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
March 24, 1998
2A. COMMONWEALTH GAS SERVICES, INC., #97-2081, requests authorization to install an 8-inch PVC natural gas submerged pipeline crossing under 40 linear feet of Aquia Creek and 25 linear feet of Beaverdam Run to serve the Marine Corps schools at Quantico in Stafford County. Recommend approval with standard instream construction conditions and a royalty in the amount of $65.00 for the encroachment under 65 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.00 per linear foot.
2B. PETERSBURG DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, #98-0103, requests authorization to install approximately 12,900 linear feet of sanitary sewer line and approximately 720 linear feet of associated riprap scour protection within an existing sewer line corridor running west from Harvell dam to the Dinwiddie Metering Station and located parallel to the southern shore of the Appomattox River in the City of Petersburg.
2C. TOWN OF CHINCOTEAGUE, # 94-1543, requests reactivation and extension until January 31, 2000, of a permit to construct an open-pile, elevated 680-foot long by 8-foot wide marginal community pier with a single open-side gazebo which will serve as a fishing and crabbing facility at the Chincoteague Memorial Park situated along Assateague Channel in the Town.